NO LEGAL ADVICE OR PRACTICE OF LAW
The information and services on this website are not intended to and shall not be used as legal advice or solicitation for legal services. You use the content, information, and services on this website at your own risk and of your own volition, recognizing that no legal services are being provided herein. You acknowledge that under no circumstances are America’s Top 100 LLC, its agents, affiliates, customers, the members selected among its various membership organizations providing legal advice or representation through this website (or through any of the other subsidiary websites owned and operated by America’s Top 100 LLC), and that nothing on this website is intended as a substitute for legal advice from an attorney. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL AMERICA’S TOP 100 LLC HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. SUCH RELIANCE SHALL BE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IN RECOGNITION THAT NO LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL SERVICES ARE BEING PROVIDED HEREIN.
NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP & CONFIDENTIALITY
You acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship is, or will be, formed through the use of this website, and that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality of communications occurring through this website. The hiring of an attorney for legal services is an important and critical decision that should not be predicated solely on comments, recommendations, advertisements, User Content, or other posted materials provided by America’s Top 100 LLC, referenced by membership among its various membership organizations, or contained on this website or any other subsidiary websites of America’s Top 100 LLC.
Users seeking legal services should always do their own independent research into any prospective attorneys apart from consulting any single source, membership list, award list, or website, including this website and the selection among this organization. If you choose to rely on this website or any of the content provided herein as part of your basis for selecting a particular attorney to provide legal services, you acknowledge that you are doing so at your own risk and that you have been advised not to rely on this website (or its content) or any other website alone as the basis for selecting an attorney for representation.
ATTORNEY’S ADHERENCE TO RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this membership organization, have been selected among any of the membership organizations of America’s Top 100 LLC, or have been selected for any other honors by America’s Top 100 LLC, you acknowledge that the Rules or Codes of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions in which you are licensed (collectively “Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by such Rules.
America’s Top 100 LLC and this website disclaim all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules, including but not limited to the use of seals, logos, plaques, membership lists, membership titles, the title of America’s Top 100 Attorneys(r), the title of America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys(r), the title of America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators(r), the title of America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys(r), and/or any other references associated with membership among any organization, honor, or membership offered by America’s Top 100 LLC. You warrant that User Content will be used to provide general information only, and not for the purpose of providing legal advice or the practice of law or for the purpose of soliciting legal services.
NO RECOMMENDATIONS OF A SPECIFIC ATTORNEY
You acknowledge that America’s Top 100 LLC does not and is not recommending the hiring of any specific attorneys for your legal services. This site provides a list of attorneys selected for membership among this organization based on criteria that we believe are important, but are ultimately subjective and limited by the underlying data. You acknowledge that we do not provide any warranties, express or implied, as to the work product and quality of representation provided by any attorneys selected for membership among this organization. The hiring of an attorney for legal services is an important and critical decision that should not be predicated solely on comments, recommendations, advertisements, User Content, or other posted materials provided by America’s Top 100 LLC, referenced by membership listed on this website, or contained on this website or any other website provided by America’s Top 100 LLC.
Users seeking legal services should always do their own independent research into any prospective attorneys apart from consulting any single source, membership list, award list, or website, including this website and the selection among this organization. If you choose to rely on this website or any of the content provided herein as part of your basis for selecting a particular attorney to provide legal services, you acknowledge that you are doing so at your own risk and that you have been advised not to rely on this website (or its content) or any other website alone as the sole basis for selecting an attorney for representation.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WE PROVIDE THIS WEBSITE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, INFORMATION OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT WILL BE ERROR-FREE. WE PROVIDE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE WORK PRODUCT AND QUALITY OF LEGAL REPRESENTATION PROVIDED BY ANY ATTORNEYS SELECTED FOR MEMBERSHIP AMONG THIS WEBSITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AMERICA’S TOP 100 LLC AND ITS MEMBERSHIP ORGANIZATIONS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, AND TRADEMARKS
All technology, content, images, seals, and logos provided on this website are owned by or licensed to America’s Top 100 LLC and are protected by United States and international intellectual property laws. America’s Top 100 LLC and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to that content and technology. The membership and award names of America’s Top 100 Attorneys(r), America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys(r), America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators(r), and America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys(r) are all protected trademarks held by America’s Top 100 LLC and may only be used by members in reference to their membership or with the express permission of America’s Top 100 LLC.
By using this website, images of plaques, any seals/logos, or reference of membership among this organization or selection by America’s Top 100 LLC, you agree that:
1. You shall not use this website in any manner that could harm, infect, take over, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any of our computer systems, including, the servers, networks, and other components connected to or used for this website;
2. You shall not use, intentionally or unintentionally any of the content, information or services on this website in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable international, national, or local law, rule, or regulation having the force of law, including privacy laws and any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ;
3. You shall not interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this website or any of the content, information or services provided on this website;
4. You shall not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary, and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
5. You shall not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
6. You shall not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise or alter the origin of any content transmitted through the services or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page
7. You shall not seek to gain access to any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by America’s Top 100 LLC;
8. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any server used for this website, through password mining, hacking, or any other means
9. You shall not use any framing techniques to enclose any portion of this website (including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, and form) without the prior written consent of America’s Top 100 LLC;
10. You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit this website, or any portion thereof, for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of America’s Top 100 LLC’s;
11. You shall not make any use of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, seals, logos, and graphics on this website without the prior written consent of America’s Top 100 LLC;
12. You shall not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users regarding this website or an of the sites owned and operated by America’s Top 100 LLC;
13. You shall not collect any email addresses made available on this site for purposes of promotions or marketing campaigns and you shall not solicit any users with data retrieved from this website or any attorney or member identified on this website;
14. You shall not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy the website or its content, information, or services on this website without the prior written consent of America’s Top 100 LLC;
15. You shall not use or otherwise export or re-export this website, or any portion thereof, in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America; and
16. You shall not distribute, on or through this website, any advertising; promotion; solicitation for goods, services or funds; or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without the prior written permission of America’s Top 100 LLC.
The license granted hereby will be terminated with any unauthorized use.
LICENSE OF USER CONTENT TO AMERICA’S TOP 100 LLC
By uploading or submitting User Content to the website for use, you grant America’s Top 100 LLC a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed. If you post User Content to the website, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant America’s Top 100 LLC and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such User Content throughout the world in any media.
You represent and warrant that (a) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Content to the website and to grant the rights granted herein; (b) the User Content is accurate and not misleading; and (c) use and posting of the User Content you supply does not violate these Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION
America’s Top 100 LLC takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored, or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is America’s Top 100 LLC liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, or profanity you may encounter. Any use of the website in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in termination or suspension of your right to use the website. America’s Top 100 LLC reserves the right to restrict or remove any User Content posted or stored on the website at any time and for any reason without notice.
This website includes areas in which users may post content and information, including (but not limited to) personal and business profile data, messages, comments, data, text, photos, blogs, graphics, or other materials (herein referred to as “User Content”). You are solely responsible for your use of such areas and use them at your own risk. By using the website, you agree not to upload, post, transmit, distribute, create, store, or otherwise publish through the website any of the following:
1. User Content, display and/use of seals and logos, display and/use of plaques, and reference to membership of and/or associated with this organization and/or America’s Top 100 LLC that would constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, violate any applicable Rules of Professional Conduct or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation
2. User Content that is false, misleading, misrepresentative, unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or fraudulent, including without limitation any personal profile information, recommendation, endorsement, rating, or review of an attorney with whom you have not had direct, personal experience in a professional legal context or as a client of such attorney;
3. Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, including without limitation any advertisements for legal services, legal service providers, or lawyer referral services;
4. User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Content as provided under these Terms;
5. User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
6. User Content that, in the sole judgment of America’s Top 100 LLC, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the website, or which may expose America’s Top 100 LLC or its users to any harm or liability of any type; and
7. Viruses, spyware, malware, corrupted data, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Third party content, messages, and services may appear on this website or may be accessible through links from this website. America’s Top 100 LLC is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for any mistakes, misstatements of law, misrepresentations, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, or obscenity in the statements, opinions, representations, or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on or accessible from this website. You acknowledge that the information and opinions in the third party content are neither endorsed or controlled by, nor reflect the beliefs of America’s Top 100 LLC.
You acknowledge and agree that America’s Top 100 LLC, in its sole discretion, may terminate your website access if your conduct is found to be unlawful, inconsistent with, or in violation of the letter or spirit of these Terms. America’s Top 100 LLC shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of website access. Should you object to any terms and conditions of these Terms, or to any subsequent modifications thereto, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the website.
AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold America’s Top 100 LLC and its owners, officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms by you.
This website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this website is accurate and complies with applicable laws and any Rules of Professional Conduct applicable to the advertisers/sponsors. America’s Top 100 LLC will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error, inaccuracy, or misrepresentation in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials, or for the acts or omissions of such advertisers or sponsors.
When you visit this website and when you communicate with us electronically, for example by sending us an email, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
LINKING TO THE WEBSITE
You may provide links only to the homepage of this website, provided (a) you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, any portion of the homepage and (b) you discontinue providing links to this website if requested by America’s Top 100 LLC.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in California. You agree to waive all defenses or objections to such jurisdiction and venue.
REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Certain sections of this website may require you to register as a user or create an account. By registering or creating an account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and to inform us of any changes to that information. Please note that we may store and process your personal information in systems located outside of your home country. Each registration is for a single user only, unless otherwise expressly provided on the registration page. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. In case of misuse, we may terminate further access or take such other action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify us immediately.
SEVERABILITY OF PROVISIONS
If any provision of these Terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
Your privacy is important to America’s Top 100 LLC and we try to protect it. This Privacy Statement applies to the online collection of personal information via websites operated by America’s Top 100 LLC. This Statement does not apply to information collected in any other way, including offline. This website may contain links to sites maintained by others. This Privacy Statement does not reflect the privacy practices of those sites.
Be advised that we may collect information about our users in three possible ways: (1) directly from the user (i.e. when submitting profile information as part of the selection process, registering an account, or signing up for a newsletter); (2) from our web server logs; and (3) through cookies.
We use the information collected primarily to provide you with a personalized Internet experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to you.
We do not share with others any of the information you provide, unless we say so in this Privacy Statement, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other customer data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
1. To agents and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us (i.e. we may use third parties to help us with promotional campaigns or assist us in managing and maintaining our user information or website) or as part of a membership profile published in connection with this organization or any of the membership groups maintained by America’s Top 100 LLC. At no time will we authorize those parties to use your information for any other purpose.
2. As required by law; in a matter of public safety or policy; in connection with billing information for any purchases or other transactions made with a credit card, debit card, or similar instrument; as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (i.e. if we are acquired by another company or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings); or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
Your access to some of our services and content may be password protected. We recommend that you refrain from disclosing your username(s) and password(s) to anyone. We also recommend that you sign out of your account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work, especially if you share a computer with someone else or if you are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
If you have any questions about these Terms, the Privacy Statement, or about the content, information, or services on this website, you may contact us at:
America’s Top 100 LLC
650 Town Center Drive, Suite 1830
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Telephone: (714) 409-8126
We will post any changes to these Terms here. The Terms are effective as of January 1, 2016.